What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy (also known as Physical Therapy in the US), is a healthcare profession that helps people to improve their physical mobility, strength and overall health. Physiotherapists are trained health professionals that provide expert diagnosis and treatment of someone who is affected by an injury or pain. A physiotherapist understands the way in which the human body works and by performing a thorough assessment, can diagnose your main issue and then provide effective treatment and strategies to ensure that you reach your recovery goals.
Physiotherapists use various techniques such as exercise, manual therapy, and assistive devices to help people recover from injury, manage pain, and prevent further health problems. The goal of physiotherapy is to improve an individual’s quality of life through movement and function.
What are the benefits of Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy offers several benefits, including:
- Pain management: Physiotherapy can help alleviate pain caused by various conditions such as back pain, arthritis, and headaches.
- Improved mobility: Physiotherapy can help increase an individual’s flexibility, balance, and coordination.
- Injury rehabilitation: Physiotherapy can aid in the recovery process following an injury, such as a sprain or strain, by improving strength and range of motion.
- Prevention of injury: Physiotherapy can help prevent future injuries by addressing imbalances and weaknesses in the body and providing strategies for injury prevention.
- Post-operative rehabilitation: Physiotherapy can help individuals recover from surgery by regaining strength and mobility.
- Chronic disease management: Physiotherapy can help individuals manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
Overall, physiotherapy can improve an individual’s physical function, reduce pain and discomfort, and promote overall health and well-being.
Who would benefit from Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists are experts in treating and managing a number of challenging and complex conditions. Physiotherapy has been shown to be a highly effective treatment of a number of conditions including;
- Musculoskeletal injuries that include; muscle strains and tears, rolled ankles, tendon issues and overuse injuries
- Neck and low back pain
- Sports related injuries
- Work related injuries
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Injury prevention
- Chest and lung conditions such as pneumonia
- Vestibular and other balance conditions
- Complex conditions
- Balance retraining
- General conditioning
- Pre and post natal
What types of techniques does a physiotherapist perform?
The staff at Bounce Physio are trained in a number of techniques. We pride ourselves in hands-on manual therapy and aim to provide this at every session. Furthermore, our staff may choose to use a variety of techniques, including:
- Manual therapy: Using hands-on techniques such as joint and spinal mobilisation, deep tissue release and various forms of massage to relieve pain and improve movement.
- Exercise therapy: Prescribing specific exercises to help improve strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination.
- Assistive devices: Recommending and fitting devices such as braces, crutches, and canes to help with mobility and injury management.
Heat or cold therapy: Using heat or cold to alleviate pain and swelling.
- Hydrotherapy: Using water-based exercise and therapy to relieve pain and promote healing.
- Education and advice: Providing information on posture, body mechanics, and injury prevention to help individuals manage their condition and maintain their progress.
These techniques may be used individually or in combination, and a physiotherapist will design a personalized treatment plan based on each individual’s specific needs and goals.
What to expect from Bounce Physio?
Every physiotherapy consultation at Bounce Physio consists of the following
- Thorough assessment
- Accurate diagnosis
- Hands on treatment: Deep tissue massage and mobilisation
- Home exercise program (as required)
- Clear explanation of diagnosis, prognosis, dos and don’ts and other helpful strategies to assist with the recovery process
Initial Visit (Your first session)
Your initial consultation includes a thorough discussion and physical examination, with hands-on treatment starting Day 1. We use orthopaedic tests, range of movement tests, palpation, digital spinal analysis, X-rays and other investigations to determine not only the source of your pain but the underlying cause of your problem. Based upon our examination findings, we will determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you.
Follow Up Visit
At your follow up visit you will be provided a written report of your findings, and recommended an action plan. Typically we use 2-4 sessions to evaluate your response to therapy and the extent of any underlying issue. A management program is developed with you and is directed towards your health needs and goals. Take advantage, your health is your most important asset!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.